A journey . A week. A moment .
So a week ago I just returned from evacuating from the fires of Santa Barbara, not excited to be heading to the bitter cold of Chicago.
I said ,”Never again am I coming back to Chicago in the Winter .” The cold. The snow . The rush .
But a friend said,” Be expectant!”
A few spontaneous meetings and chance interactions later my icy heart was defrosted .
Here’s ten gems that friends and strangers shared with me:
1. The trip isn’t about you …it’s about what you can give to others.
2. Find joy in a moment . Don’t focus on the past or crap of tomorrow . Just the moment .
3. What you want in your 20s, is not what you want in your 30s. What you want in your 30s, is not what you want in your 40s . What you want in your 40s, is not what you want in your 50s .You need to be constant evolving .
4.Love the ones that God has given you .
5. You deserve BIG LOVE; wait for it !
6. The right guy, job, or house will be natural, easy .You will feel it .
7. Be around people who don’t steal your energy but multiply it.
8. Don’t measure a year by what you’ve done but instead by how you felt or how you served .
9. Open your HEART, then lose the letters H & T . You are left with EAR. Open your ears and you will hear God speak to your heart .
10. Whatever you wish for, believe it is coming .
What number speaks to you?
Open your heart . Open your ears. And let the whispers inspire you in 2018 . Be expectant…I am !
“ Wait on the Lord . Be courageous. He will open your heart .” Psalm 24:17